Thursday, March 31, 2011

In my Library Bookbag....

My ship has come in... actually a semi cute guy in a brown truck.  Three new books have come in that I have been waiting for.

 Sticky Fingers by Nancy Martin is the sequel to Our Lady of Immaculate Deception. This series is about Roxy Abruzzo, a salvage yard owner in PA whose uncle is "connected".  Roxy is a single mom who is just trying to make a semi honest living. The series has lots of humor and an interesting mystery as well.  If you have read any of the Blackbird Sisters mysteries, Roxie is related to Michael Abruzzo from that series.

Anthem for Doomed Youth by Carola Dunne is the 19th book in the Daisy Dalrymple mystery series. Set in England during the 1920's, Daisy is an "Honorable" married to Alec Fletcher, a Detective Chief Inspector at Scotland Yard. This series is a great look at the roaring 20's in England with all of the class distinctions, new social mores, and industrial growth of the times. Alec is constantly frustrated by Daisy's inadvertent involvement in his cases-his superiors go ballistic -but his aides enjoy every minute. One of my favorite series, because I love all things British and mysteries as well. The books are really well researched, as I discovered when I went to England after reading her book set in the Tower of London, and I knew all kinds of facts that the Beefeaters were telling us on the tour!  We have most of the earlier books so you can start from the beginning and read them in order.

Mobbed by Carol Higgins Clark is book # 14 in the Regan Reilly series. Regan is a Private Investigator married to Jack Reilly, a member of the NYPD Major Case Squad. Regan's mom is a mystery writer ( like Carol's mom). Regan has solved murders on her own , with her parents, and with her husband.  Carol has written five holiday themed books with her mother, Mary Higgins Clark,some  that feature Regan and  Alvirah Meehan from her mom's books. This is another series in which we have the earlier books both in book form and some in audio. 


Well, I guess I know what I am doing this weekend! Reviews to follow....

No comments:

Post a Comment