Saturday, October 3, 2015

Christmas at Lilac Cottage by Holly Martin

Christmas at Lilac Cottage is a mix of two of my favorite things-Christmas and Brit-lit. When Penny rents out the side apartment to her cottage, she expected Henry and Daisy to be a married couple.  Instead she gets a hunky guy and his teen daughter. Penny is a professional ice carver and Henry is a custom furniture maker- a match made in heaven! Penny has had bad luck with love before and she is wary of getting close to Henry but she finally gives in and goes for it.  As expected the path to the HEA is never smooth but after some misunderstandings the magic of Christmas prevails.

I loved the characters in this book.  Some of Penny's ice carver competitors are hysterical. The descriptions of the little town and the people made me long to spend the holidays across the pond!  This is a new author for me and I can't wait to read her previous and upcoming books!


No comments:

Post a Comment