Friday, December 30, 2011

January is Netgalley Month Read-a-thon

One of the advantages of being a librarian, besides meeting lots of readers and having access to tons of books, is being able to be a member of Netgalley. Netgalley.com is a site that allows librarians and bloggers to request egalleys-electronic advanced copies-of  upcoming books.  The egalley can come out up to 3 months in advance of the books actual publication date. I read the galleys on my Nook.

I love that I can read a book in advance so I can talk about it with patrons when it first comes out.  Getting the egalley also means RPL orders books that we might not have because one of us read it and loved it. It also means that I myself have bought books for my personal collection after reading it on Netgalley. There is also a bit of nyah nyah, I can read this book before you can- but only a little.......

I am going to join the read-a-thon and review as many as possible on this blog. January is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment