Monday, May 13, 2013

I've been a bad blogger!

In the course of raising money to expand our library, reading as much as I can and getting ready for my daughter's wedding, I have neglected this blog for quite a while.  Well, things are settling down, I am still doing all of the above, but I have been trying to carve out the time to write reviews or comments about the books that I really enjoy reading.

I think it is so important to spread the word about authors we enjoy.  I follow quite a few of my favorites on Facebook and I am  getting a picture of how much effort goes into writing, editing and getting their books out to the public.  I see on FB that they have re-writes and publisher meetings, cover decisions and so much work that has to be done before we readers get the book. 

So many times I have read a book and really enjoyed it.  I usually go into the library and tell other people about it and add it to the order list if it isn't already there. The nice thing about blogging is that  I can share my opinion with more people.  I usually use the same review I have given to Amazon, B&N, Goodreads  and Librarything.  I am always thrilled when I get feedback that my review was helpful to someone or an author liked my review. I enjoy that as much as when a patron tells me that they really enjoyed a book I recommended.

If you are reading this blog and you are reading a book you enjoy, please go to one of online sites and give it 4-5 stars and maybe even a line or three about why you liked the book. By doing so, you help make sure that the author you enjoyed can get future books published.  I am going to devote time every week to do the same so I can continue to escape into my favorite fictional places .

No comments:

Post a Comment